Welcome to the historic Wildey Theatre. Opened in 1909 as an opera house and a second floor meeting hall for the Independent Order of Oddfellows, the Wildey has undergone many transformations throughout the years.
Located in Downtown Edwardsville on Main Street, the Wildey closed as a full-time movie theatre on March 8, 1984 after more than 400 people attended the movie "The Big Chill." The Edwardsville Historic Preservation Commission later designated the Wildey Theatre as a "Local Landmark" in 1986.
Recognizing the importance of the Wildey Theatre to the overall downtown development efforts, the City acquired the property (or theatre) in 1999 with a state grant. The City has now finished the renovation, and the resurrected theatre is ready to once again be a venue for live performances and classic films.